Re: Unidentified subject! -- Displaced MA

It seems to me that the most straightforward way of dealing with the
displaced average is to use the last value of the average for the
current bar.  This is not perfect, but is a workable approximation.  The
normal way to "extend" a line would be to calculate the slope.  This has
lots of pitfalls with price graphs and length-limited indicators.  THere
may have been a very recent change in slope (neg to pos or vice_versa)
which is shorter than your length parameter.  Then your first point may
be before the change, and the slope would make little sense,
representing what happened much less recently.  Or the change may be
very sudden, and, if within the length parameter, may give a very sharp
slope which will put the price target in the stratosphere (or the
basement).

Or average the last value of the Displaced MA with the more recent bars,
essentially creating an Exponential MA.  But then you don't have a true
displaced MA :-)

donc