Re: Indicator

> Very nice indicator!

it wasnt nice - but it worked - in the meantime I realized that it could be written
much easier:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
vars:Mo(0), quarter(0);

Mo = month(date);

if Mo =  1 and Mo <> Mo[1] then quarter = c[1];
if Mo =  4 and Mo <> Mo[1] then quarter = c[1];
if Mo =  7 and Mo <> Mo[1] then quarter = c[1];
if Mo = 10 and Mo <> Mo[1] then quarter = c[1];

plot1(quarter,"quarter");
plot2(quarter*1.1,"+10%");
plot3(quarter*0.9,"-10%");
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

thats all and does the same job !!!!!

> How could it be modified to allow the percentage above to be
> different from the percentage below?

simple: just change the UPPER + LOWER inputs

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
input: UPPER(10),LOWER(-10);
vars:Mo(0), quarter(0);

Mo = month(date);

if Mo =  1 and Mo <> Mo[1] then quarter = c[1];
if Mo =  4 and Mo <> Mo[1] then quarter = c[1];
if Mo =  7 and Mo <> Mo[1] then quarter = c[1];
if Mo = 10 and Mo <> Mo[1] then quarter = c[1];

plot1(quarter,"quarter");
plot2(plot1 * (1 + (UPPER/100)),"upper");
plot3(plot1 * (1 + (LOWER/100)),"lower");

> and, allow the time frame to be
> varied so that it would be whatever number of days (time periods /
> bars) from the start date (period).

that gets a bit complicated WITH aboves code - it certainly can be done,
but Im not bored enough at the moment :-))))))

rgds hans