RE: Omega Receives GREAT! Reviews

"Maybe that's the way the real world is in the software business "

No it's not that bad in the real software community.  The level of quality
of software in the commodity industry most of the time makes me want to
barf so I wouldn't use that as a measure.  No software product is ever
going to be free of bugs on the first release but most release candidates
are free of GPs in all but the most obscure sections of the software.  Any
decent software house will focus on the GP's or "showstoppers" before
release.  This way the customer can at least use the software.  I think
Omega's prob was that there were so many, and they were so extensive, and
the stock was so low, that they had no choice to but to release it.  A
complete ripoff from the RT user's point of view, but the right decision
for the shareholder.  It bought them a few more months but that time is
running out again.

Omega's first 3 offerings won't even do the basics like plotting data in RT
correctly and we all know how it likes to GP.  I won't go on about where
the deficits are, cause I don't have all night and most are old  probs that
havent been fixed, i've already posted but a few are new.  But if you want
a list I'd be happy to spew out what I've discovered in my travels.  Let's
just say that after almost 5 months of use with real time data, the only
part of TSi that I can use so far is the PowerEditor.  It paints the words
neat colors and it seems to be able to do that reliably.  But that's about
it.

In all fairness, I still believe that if Omega can somehow make TSi faster,
collect and chart data more reliably, then they'll have a decent product.
 Right now the interface is first class, and the product ideas are good, it
just needs to do the basics well which I for me right now it isn't.

Brian.

PS.  Like other TS2i users, I'm in denail about the fact that my system
results on real time data in TSi and TS4 are completely different given
exact same RT data, exact same market settings, exact same periodicity and
same everything.  Still it's still useful for providing approximations
about a system's value.