Re: Another DLL question

From: Barry Kaufman <102577.325@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>; <code-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 1999 2:24 PM
Subject: Another DLL question

> 1)  Is the DLL and its GLOBAL variables being de-allocated and then
> re-allocated again on each pass of the same EL program?

That wasn't the case in VC++ 1.52

> 2)  When EL re-runs after changing an INPUT or turning STATUS OFF then ON,
> does EL re-initialize all VARS: (like set VAR1(5), to 5), and does EL
re-run
> the DefineDLLFunc: and does that make a new DLL connection?

In TS 4 the DLL link is done when the DLL is first called.    My experience
was it won't be done again for the same DLL until TS 4 Charting is shut down
and re-started.   Start the Omega debug program in the Prog directory before
you run your ELA to see the dynamic linking to the DLL.