Re: Omega Receives GREAT! Reviews

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, pierre.orphelin wrote:

> Read that the same that were so critics  for TS4 are now considering it now
>  as the summit of available software.

I've been using TS since System Writer - I may qualify as a seasoned user.

When TS4 came out, I waited *many* months, and 15+ builds, before I even
tried it. At that time, it was reasonably stable to *run* on a dedicated
machine, but it still, to this day, crashes when I do EL code development,
especially during the trading day.

I do not consider it to be the "summit" of trading software, by any
means. There are many, many deficiencies that folks on this list have
pointed out many times. That does not sound like a 'summit' to me.

So far, TS4 *IS* better for RT trading than the current incarnation of
TS2k. I believe that is what people are trying to say. I never saw anyone
on this list suggest that TS4 was a 'summit'. If I am mistaken, perhaps
you can refer me to the person on the list who suggested that (other than
you, of course :-)..

Folks on this list use TS to make a living, and are expecting "mission
critical" reliability. I can understand if they are upset by unreliable
software.

Larry