Re: TS2k ASCII data refresh on charts

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, Mike G wrote:

> >In TS2k, is there a way to get charts to refresh, preferably
> >automatically, when updated data files are copied to an ASCII data
> >directory? Is the server out of the loop in this operation?
> >
> Can't tell you about TS2k, but here's the minimum of what you can do in TS4.
>
> For each data symbol you want to refresh, change the either the start
> date or the end date by one day. That'll make that symbol's data refresh.

I know - this was such a pain I never did use all the charts I wanted to.
There were so many charts, I just closed and opened pages.

> I suspect it's similar for TS2k.

I sure *hope* not - but I fear you are right :-(((((((. With all the hype
about 'better', I was hoping TS2k would do a basic operation like this.

If one is trying to pass global variables across pages, this is a *MAJOR*
pain, because one cannot just open and close things in any order.

Thanks much for the info...

Larry