RE: Defragging Win NT

Hi Jim,

On the few "high-memory" systems I've set up, unless you think you're
actually going to *need* huge amounts of memory (real+virtual), I'd match
the memory to virtual size 1:1.  Where's my line-in-the-sand?  About 256meg.
On my personal 256meg computer, I have it set for 1:1.  On computers with
32/64/128/192 meg, I set it at 1.5:1.

You might think, "I've got SO MUCH real memory, why do I want a swap file at
all?"  The reality is that WinNT needs and wants a swap file to run well.
So I don't argue, I just do what it needs  :-)

Remember, these are not published rules, only based upon my personal
experiences over many years.

Doug