Subject: TS2k chart data
Author: Larry Wright
Date:  9/19/99 5:57 PM

I'm not running TS2k in real time; just looking at what it can do with
daily data.

I was looking at some long term continuous contracts (NOT the 'strange'
ones in Historybank :-). I noticed that when I click on weekly, from
watching a daily chart, the weekly chart discards most of the data range I
entered for daily charts.  When I then click to go back to daily, the
daily chart has very little data in it, compared to what I told it to use.

When switching data compression, could someone please tell me how to get
TS to *retain* the amount of data I told it to use? After all, *that's*
what I want to chart.

I've tried the 'help', since TS2k does not come with manuals, and I do not
find it particularly helpful for *learning* TS2k. It's the usual 'help'
problem - if you don't know the *Omega* name for something, you can't
find it. Same problem with Microsoft stuff, too.

I still like manuals - they often present a sequence of related things
that are lacking in 'help' (assuming the manual is well-written - but that
is another topic...).  Help is OK after you know the product and need a
detail or two.

Thanks,

Larry