RE: Defragging Win NT (Was: How to get TS2k to run well (was 2K for sale)}

  • To: "Omega-List" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Defragging Win NT (Was: How to get TS2k to run well (was 2K for sale)}
  • From: "Bob Scott" <rlscott@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 15:29:09 -0700

I am not running TS2K for many reasons but I will offer food for thought.

Unless the disk cluster size is exactly equal to the size of the saved data
block (intraday data block size was 512 bytes in TS 4.x), the defragger will
not be able to do a complete job.  In TS 4.x using the "copy out" and "paste
in" functions on only intraday data was the only way to get the job done
completely.

Again, I don't use or know anything about TS2K so take this for what you
think it is worth - ignore if appropriate.

Best of Luck!

Bob Scott