ELS/ELA TRADESTATION 2000i & Version 4

Jose,

ELA stands for "Easy Language Archive".  ELS stands for "Easy Language Storage".  You are getting these forms of storage confused with the .asc and .tok files which TS uses to plot indicators.

During 2000i install you may convert your old TS4 studies to 2000i.  This affects only the location of .asc and .tok files.  This has nothing to do with changing any ELA files.  ELA files will not be changed or imported during install.

After install, any ELA file may be imported into the PowerEditor and then saved back as a .ELS file.  This can be done any time after install.

What problems are you having converting your Ver 3 and older files?  Why don't you post some of these to the list and we'll see if we can't convert them for you?

The Omega Man

Jose wrote:

May I ask if during my installation of the Tradestation 2000i, I understand that I can convert my old ELA indicators into ELS.  BUT, after a few weeks time, I then need to convert some of my remaining ELA into ELS can I do it?

Because I cannot do it from the previous version 4 to convert those remaining indicators of version 3 and older.

Thanks in advance!