Re: A.K.'s C++ code for accessing UMDS server

very happy to see someone also interface to UMDS themselves!

my approach to the server in realtime instead of using a 1 sec timer loop,
I chose to use the tickpump method, which is a tick-by-tick transmission
from the server to my program based on Windows callback method.

I find that even using tick by tick receiving, my program does not need to
take care of multiple ticks for a symbol almost all the time, that means,
the tickpump from UMDS is so fast, that it always give me enough time to
process the ticks ...

comparing this to the DBC DataMgr, which I have tried to use too,
the DBC DataMgr do not really broadcast tick by tick to the client program
but a chuck of data instead ... since TS2000 is based on that, no way the
data are arriving to the Global Server on a timely bias, especially
when timing is something important to your computation.

I use the Delphi development environment instead of C++ to interface to
UMDS.
I tried using MS C++ and it turns out I can save a lot of unnecessary
coding
with Delphi without giving up the speed of execution ... as I add more
things
to my program, I prefer implementing concepts instead of a lot of code
planning.

So it is quite easy for anyone to access the power of UMDS!