Mid-day date switch

At 10:13 est this morning all my charts abruptly switched to Oct 27
date, resetting everything. After checking w/ Omega, their rep (Ernest)
said I probably got a bad date stamp from BMI. We went thru deleting all
of Sept 15 - Dec 31 files and then restarting the server to get today's
date back. Everything seems fine now. Of course I have to DL today's
data & paste it in this evening (wish me luck there are no holes).

I've checked this board several times today for posts from others having
the same problem. I've seen none. How can just one person get a bad date
stamp? Could there have been some other cause?

Michael