Re: Technical Indicators and the S&P 500

In a message dated 9/12/99 3:09:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
imacauslan@xxxxxxx writes:

> Another observation in considering trading the spiders intra-day I'd
>  make is the bid-ask spread is sometimes extremely wide ( 3/4 of a point)
>  leading to potentially disastrous slippage in the event you use a
>  trailing stop or have to "whack the bid".

3/4 of a point right now on the S&P is about .05 %. I can understand that it
may be financially disastrous, but it is fairly reasonable when viewed from
afar. It would be like having slippage of less than 1/16 in MSFT at current
prices. Or your computer vendor moving his price up or down 50 cents from a
$1000. I think you just have to deal with it.

My experience with moving averages and the S&P is that they are of value
after you match the appropriate average to the proper time frame niche.

Bill Wynne
SmartTrades.com