Re: Re Open Source Software (was Re: MB our saviour)

adam_hardy3 wrote:

> what happened to Mozilla? What was Mozilla?
>
> All I know about Mozilla is that everything refers to it in the browser
> definition file when you're programming DHTML to do cross-platform webpages.
>
> Adam

This was Netscape's attempt at turning its browser into an open
source/community effort.  Unfortunately due to various reasons, things
did not quite work out according to the plan.  Several key Netscape
developers left the company due to their frustrations with the project.
Netscape 5.0 is still being developed and I have not heard of any
working betas.  Neoplanet might have a product based on what has come
out of this effort but I don't know how developed that product is.

You can read more at:

http://www.mozilla.org