Re: Most successful trading system

Hi Dennis:

I don't have a problem with anyone posting a concern about John Hill or
anyone else in this business. If someone is engaged in a business practice
that you consider objectionable or a conflict of interest, post it and air
it out. But as I see it, calling someone a thief on a public forum without
true knowledge isn't right or fair.

At 10:02 AM 9/12/99 -0700, Dennis Holverstott wrote:
>I have no knowledge of (or interest in) Futures Truth, John Hill and his
>systems. It does, however, strike me as an inherent conflict of interest
>to present himself as an impartial tester of other people's systems
>while also being in the business of selling systems. While "steal" is a
>harsh word, how could he help but "borrow" ideas from the systems he
>tests? As far as I know, he requires that any system he tests disclose
>all the rules and he refuses to test "black box" systems. Who in his
>right mind would submit a system, complete with all the rules, to be
>tested by a competitor? And who would believe "impartial" test results
>when the tester is the system author? John Hill may be an honest and
>honerable man but, in a business as fraught with fraud and corruption as
>this one, it just doesn't pass the smell test.
>
>> Don't get me wrong, I am not a systems trader and I don't pay attention to
>> Futures Truth, how they test and so on and I'm certainly not endorsing
>> their methods or their business practices.
>>
>> I just think its a bit of a stretch to suggest that someone is a thief in a
>> public forum without having overt proof and particularly when that
>> suggestion goes against the balance of the evidence.
>
>--
>   Dennis

Stewart Taylor
Taylor Fixed Income Outlook