Re: Positional or swing trading with Level two Data

First off, my congratulations to Ensign for breaking the ice with L2 trading
and opening up a possibility of tech analysis on L2 data. Other parties,
if smart, should follow.

L2 data could be categorized as Supply /  Demand data and is very important
data, in fact equally important compared to price and volume, if and only
if you know how to use it. Analysis of L2 data is an endeavor in itself and
requires the knowledge of the laws of supply and demand - which in turn
govern the price movement in any type of market: electronic ( Nasdaq ),
auction ( NYSE ) or open outcry auction ( futures ) or electronic ( futures ).

Doing pattern analysis on MMID is a just one little thing that you can do
with L2 data.  Overall analyzing MM movements is a tricky thing to do
and in most cases unnecessary for many reasons...
Some market makers already use AI based bid / ask systems and in
addition to that MM traders have years of trading experience...
Now, figure out what you need to compete with them ( plural )...

Jeff, for you I would recommend first to read some L2 books.
Then try to understand the "how and what and why" as much as you can.
Then you might figure it out. All I can do is point. Understanding is the key.
Val.