Re: DynaStore for Quote.com

  • To: "pierre.orphelin" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: DynaStore for Quote.com
  • From: "Mark Brown" <markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 07:12:04 -0700

so Ron in other words bill Cruz wanted PO to warn you and scare you off to
drop the Ts 4 version of your software so they could force more sales of the
ts2000i....

> Is finally ready!!  Go to http://dynastore.trading.net for more info.
>
> Thanks for your patience.  We believe it will be worth it.
>
> Ron

I have had a look on this web site.
There is a legal issue that you may do not know for this kind of adapter,
regardless to the complexity of the process added.

Datafeed converters have been around in the past, and all of them were using
DBC Omega server as a trojan horse.
This involves a modification of the DBC server EXE file, and probably some
reverse engineering on a file that belongs to Omega
The considered server was developed ( compiled at least) by Omega, so it is
their property.
Modification of this file is a legal issue between the datafeed converter
developer and Omega Research, no more,and it is not my problem in any case.

Things are different with Prosuite 2000 DBC server.
The Omega Global server for DBC   acts as a server gateway overlaid on the
DBC original server developed by DBC, and that is te property of DBC.

Sincerely,

Pierre Orphelin
www.sirtrade.com