RE: Off Topic - LCD Monitors

I use both a ViewSonic VP150 15" LCD monitor ($699 on closeout at local
CompUSA) and a NEC MultiSync LCD 1810 XtraView 18" LCD ($3400 mail order
from CDW).  My observations:

1.  I'll NEVER go back to a CRT.

2.  If in doubt, see #1 above.

The charts on a black background on the NEC are stunning.  Super sharp,
crisp, high-contrast, etc. etc.  The ViewSonic isn't as rich in colors and
is not quite as crisp, but it still beats my previous CRT's hands down.

My advice:  don't look at one of these seriously without sufficient funds to
buy one; once bitten, you'll be spoiled for life.

Doug  (a rabid LCD fan)

-----
Doug Forman, MCSE (doug@xxxxxxxxxxx)
Incline Systems, Inc. - Vancouver, WA