Re: [Fwd: EL after 2000 dates.]

At 8:20 AM -0700 7/12/99, Dennis Holverstott wrote:

>Excel can't recognize yymmdd as a date so this outputs mm/dd/yy.

My versions of Excel can import yyymmdd format just fine. I use it
all the time.

In the Open menu, open the file as text.

Select "Delimited"

Select the proper delimiter, often a space.

Click on the column with the 990712 format data

Select "Date" in the "Column Date Format" then select "YMD"

It doesn't work for 1000712 however on two versions of Excel.
   (Excel for Window 95 V7 or Excel 98 for Macintosh)

Maybe Microsoft has posted a patch.

Bob Fulks