Re: traderware X release date

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Gary Fritz <fritz@xxxxxxxx>
À : omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date : samedi 19 juin 1999 22:57
Objet : Re: traderware X release date

pierre.orphelin@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> This is the perfect example of why Visual Basic is not easy to
> learn and has a lot of disadvantage over EL Pascal based. Check
> this link again : http://24.0.100.173/q/colorcode.gif
> and try to code a 20  80 alert level in the Power Editor: it's  3
> short lines only. And I can do shorter.

Yes, and it's easier to ride a tricycle than to drive a Porsche.

If all you need to do is toodle along on the sidewalk, then a
tricycle is a perfectly good and simple solution.  It's simple to
learn, easy to use, and has fewer maintenance needs.  But if you want
to tear down the road at high speed, the tricycle is an insufficient
and limiting vehicle.

====
No

I run a tricycle powered with a Porsche engine.
It's easier to park.

Is TraderWare a Porsche?  I have no idea, since I have not seen it
yet.  My point is that "fewer lines of code is not necessarily
better."  A tricycle is not sufficient for my needs.  I would gladly
use a more complex language in order to avoid EL's limitations.  It
looks to me like the TW syntax is a bit more complex than necessary,
but if TW doesn't provide simplified interfaces with sensible
defaults, it will be trivial for the users to create them.
===
That's exactly what I understand.
Most of users are unable to use the power of EL.
They will not do better with some exception...

Pierre, if you're happy with EL, that's great for you.  (And if that
is so, I assume SirTrade &etc is entirely 100% implemented in EL,
with no DLL's, correct?)
====
Absolutely not.
Safir -X is a C++ standalone object oriented application
Sirtrade 97, 98 and  2000 are written as DLL's function
EL is used to calculate the indicators and pass them to the Sirtrade  DLL functions.

  But that doesn't mean EL is sufficient for
all needs.  So kindly quit lecturing us about the shortcomings of the
more powerful interfaces.

===
Certainly not...
I know quite well how to use EL and external DLL's and additonal programs when necessary.
When we developped Safir X, we used the Borland C++ compiler, and in any case we would have used VisualBasic.
The new version ( 2.5 ) was built with  MS Visual C++

What you do not understand is that there are several choice that make sense:
Simple and easy specialized programming  that fit most of the need of the end user ( this is the case ofEL).
High end application that need special programming ( mainly C++).
+ A link between both.

VB solution all in one  is a bastardized one.
You may think it's better than EL ( you rstrict my use of TS to EL only, what is wrong, but it does the main basic  or mid complicated  work).

Recalls to me  a recent  discussion in Futures Mag on the fuure of technical Analysis ( Ruggiero and others).
Most were out of the target:
First they  think it's time to go back to Excel  ( Ruggiero), that only the new NN technology will work ( by the same who used the old one), that walkforward backtest and optimisation will be the future because of the speed of new processors, and new NN al Neuroshell with GA will solve the puzzle.
The same agree to say that classical indicator do not work, and I demenstrated on my web site thta they work if properly used.

All of these sollution rely on heavy calculation and in no case.
So I disagree...

What makes me laugh is ttha it is what I have trued  5 years ago ( if you remember, we produced a NN GA automated tool, like NeuroshelTrader now, 5 years ago,   also a rule base GA generator, and a rule base generator [ Galvano  series].
All DLL based and TS interfaced. In  1994-95.
Not to speak of realtime walkforward and optimizaton that I wrote for TS4 years ago, and others things that you have never seen before.

Now that I have switched to fuzzy logic and full automation, I can say that what we have done has some years in advance, and the proofs are here. You can even check by yourself for free.

Even Bollinger is going to switch to fuzzy logic ( hummmm).

Your goal is to reinvent the VB wheel for your next   Porshe ?
OK, good luck to you, but next time, you can avoid to treat me as a child.

Rgds.

-Pierre Orphelin
Représentant exclusif de Omega Research en France.
web: http://www.sirtrade.com