Re: traderware X release date

>You are quite correct...  VB is a terrible language for trading.  I have
looked closely at object-oriented languages for scientific computing.  They
are terrible for this purpose.  FORTRAN (now FORTRAN 90) is still the
language preferred by engineers and scientists (and for good reason).

You should be GLAD TO KNOW TraderWare also works with FORTRAN 90.  Now what
have you to say about that?

>Talk to a VB programmer about mathematical functions and they will look at
you in disbelief.

VB to start with is very much more accurate than any interpretive language
like EL and there are different user defined resolutions of VB's accurately
as far as math goes.  Most any one of them puts all math currently used in
other programs to shame EL included.

>The younger ones do not even understand quite what you're talking about.

So why hang out with younger programmers?

>You want to know what VB programmers want to talk about? Databases....  not
the analysis of them, but about the creation, storage, and retrieval of
data.  They know little or nothing about the analysis of data.

Then please be smart enough to remove yourself from those mailing list OK?

The Omega Man

The TraderWare Man