Re: Best alternative to TradeStation 2000i?

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Jim Osborn <jimo@xxxxxxxxxx>
À : omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date : mercredi 28 avril 1999 20:33
Objet : Re: Best alternative to TradeStation 2000i?

>Gee, the main difference I see between Pierre's EL and Earl's ESPL code
>is that Earl included a number of explanatory comments within his code.

OK, we remove  Earl's comments.
Anyone could see that ESPL is not so simple than EL is.
Comments are added by me ( but was it necessary to tell it ?)

>**/
>var
>  lBarX:          LongInt;  <== need to define any variable type feature
that is requested by a few TS user
>  lBarBeg:        LongInt;
>  lBarEnd:        LongInt;
>  rAverage:       Real;
>  rXFactorToday:  Real;
>
>Begin
>  If lLastBar = 0 Then
>    lBarEnd := BarEnd  <========stupid coding. This should be obvious to EL
users.
>  Else
>    lBarEnd := lLastBar;  <====not better ( no need of this in EL, current
bar is autamatically recognized, and only the fist and last bars are of
interest to EL)
>  rXFactorToday := (2.0 / (lLength + 1));
>
>  rAverage := rPrevXA;  <========= previous values are stored in EL
>  If rAverage = 0.0 then Begin <===why to test this ?
>    lBarBeg   := (lBarEnd - lLength); <=======hihihi....clever.
>    if lBarBeg < 1 then lBarBeg := 1; <=== Nobel Prize in sight
>    rAverage := Average(lValueConstant, lBarBeg, lLength);  <=== more
complicated than EL that makes use of maxbarsback and avoid IBarBeg command
>    lBarBeg   := lBarBeg + 1;  <===haha! No automatic incrementation of
barnumber!
>  End
>  Else
>    lBarBeg := lBarEnd; <======I do not believe it again!
>  For lBarX := lBarBeg to lBarEnd do
>    rAverage := (rXFactorToday * Bar(lValueConstant, lBarX)) + ((1.0 -
>rXFactorToday) * rAverage);
>  Result := rAverage; <=======Means that you need to write a loop to
perform a calculation from bar x to bar x+n ! This is automated in TS...and
needs  ZERO line of code
>End;  {
>

>Do you find such comments intimidating, Pierre?

Comments, no, but ESPL code associated with "alternate replacement to EL",
yes!
"More difficut to use replacement", yes.

Do you remember that you are the maintainer of Omega List ( where most of
users are not C like programmers  and have their own difficulties with
EL,however  more simple than the above code. I do not copy the xaverage EL
code that is shorter, easier than the cleaned ESPL code above).

I have nothing against ESPL or whatever language you want.
I have a problem with false information that I can read on this list and
that nobody seems to want to fix excepted me...
And I am somewhat tired to be right all the time on this kind of topic ( ie
defending Omega products).

Rgds,

PO sheep
( Bêeêe...)