Re: EXE Too Large

Dear Bill and the rest of the List,

	The .EXE code error comes at the time you link your code onto the chart
because it includes all the functions your code calls at that time.  It is
the addition of all this supplementary code that is throwing your system
over the limit.

	If you want professional help with your "Whittling" let me know.  In
brief, these are the methods I use to pare down the size:

1)	Avoid any division you possibly can.  Substitute with Multiplication
		Includes code to test for Division by Zero

2)	Remove any references to StudyBar [00]
		Includes check for MaxBarsBack error

3)	Remove any unnecessary Begin...End statements
		Begin End Block adds program logic

4)	Remove unnecessary Parenthesis
		Program logic to evaluate Parenthesis

5)	Whittle, Whittle and more Whittle

	And for your other question, .TOK stands for "Token" - you EZL code is
broken down into "Tokens" during a multi-pass operation then the tokens are
converted into Machine Language.  These are stored in the ".TOK" file which
is a loadable object module (.OBJ) with a proprietary header attached.  The
header tells the Loader how to link in the Functions and IncludeSystems,
about the passing of Inputs, etc...

I wish I could be of more help,
	Samuel

At 12:53 AM 04/25/99 , Bill Vedder wrote:
>	Above problem ruining a beautiful evening in South Tx.
>	I've been gradually whittling away my code (two included systems) to get
around the 64k limit. After each "whittle" I check the Omega/TS directory
to see the size of the two latest s*.TOK files. Does anyone know:
>	1. I've got each s*.tok file below 64k (according to W95 Explorer).  My
understanding is that, as long as each system is less 64k, you can string
as many as you want together and get around the EXE limit.  Why do I still
get  the EXE error?
>	2. What the heck does "tok" stand for? (I assume this is Omega's file
extension for executable code?)
>Regards,  Bill Vedder

    Samuel K. Tennis                              Vista Research
    129 Staff Drive                       voice: 1(850) 243-5105
    Ft. Walton Beach, FL  32548             fax: 1(850) 301-2884
    skt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx        http://www.vista-research.com/
             ***** EasyLanguage Spoken Here *****