Re: Omega Record Revenues And 51% Increase In Income

  • To: "Omega List" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Omega Record Revenues And 51% Increase In Income
  • From: "Mark Brown" <markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 09:33:26 -0400 (EDT)

> Mark -
>
> 5 minutes with Jon and gave him the URL for your Web site.  Also explained
the reverse cash flow Cruz might expect in the next quarter.  He seemed
sincerely appreciative.

> Cheers,
> name withheld

It was interesting to note that the ANALyst that upgraded Omega's stock
supposedly has never used the program in any version.  This is your so
called experts in this industry, the whole bubble will pop one day, and I
will have my usual catastrophe sell order in when it does.

Reminds me one as I visited the high rise offices of a MAJOR (Payne Webber)
firm here in Dallas.  I went up there and visited their trading room.  I was
standing there sort of being impressed by all the trading of bonds and other
stuff going on.  That is until the phone rang, and this seasoned looking
broker with a dual phone head set and multitude of monitors answered.  It
was one of his clients on the other end and the client was asking the
brokers advice on something, I think it was Crude Oil.  Anyway the broker
put the client on hold and screamed in a deafening loud voice - HEY did we
get the morning advisory report form New York YET!  Well here come the
report to the broker handed from broker to broker like a fire bucket in a
bucket brigade.  He took the client off hold and immediately started telling
the poor smuck on the other end how HIS extensive analytical work shows this
and that.  All the while just seconds earlier he had no idea what Crude Oil
was doing.  Now armed with a fax prepared in the main office in New York
this broker was transformed into an industry expert.  I left that day with a
business card in hand that they gave me, and I have never been back.  I
gained a great deal of confidence that day, I should have paid them for that
little exhibition of what it takes to be an industry expert.  It certainly
helped change my life from wondering if I could to knowing I could do what I
do now.  To all the experts out there I salute you, keep up the good work
and may the faxes be with you.

mb

http://www.markbrown.com/BugReport2000.htm