Re: ADSL Lines

At 12:42 PM 4/17/99 -0500, David Singerman wrote:
>Do you have any opinion on how it compares with a cable connection?
>
>Thanks.
>
>David

<snip>

Cable isn't an option here. Reading the USENET DSL newsgroups seems to show
a preference for DSL, mostly because service doesn't degrade with multiple
users.

Oh, I guess there is a con. DSL isn't widely available. It requires a true
copper line and proximity to a central office. However, if DSL is available
in your area, the providing telco can quickly tell you if you have an
appropriate line and what its rating is. In my service area (US West), you
can find availability for a given line by going to a web site and entering
the phone number of the line.

Allan

"To be clever enough to get all the money, one must be stupid enough to
want it." - Gilbert K. Chesterton