Re: Use TS 4.0 for manual trade tracking?

But Dan, my TS systems do approximately that.  Entering the parameters
is a little more time-comsuming than entering in a spreadsheet, because
with the spreasheet you have all fields exposed at once.  But I think my
approach is better than embedding the parameters in a system.  As far as
I know you can't input to TS via DDE (only output).

But there is another approach - use Excel to track the trades rather
than TS.  I used to have a spreadsheet that did this (real time) to keep
the day's total on all trades (closed trades disappear from the TS
system tracking log).  But I lost the spreadsheet in a disk crash, and
haven't recreated it.  But using DDE you can get all the prices into
Excel, so you can essentailly create the system there.  And the
advantage to this approach is that the trades stay posted after being
closed.

AS for graphing, that's a tall order. There are things I would like to
graph directly out of a system, but must export to a file then import to
Excel.  TS just doesn't have that capability.

don