2000i Installation Experiences

I'd like to second the advice to start off manually installing a limited
number of symbols, and building gradually from there. Over the weekend I
activated the templates for all the US securities, went to bed, and woke up
to 150,000 symbols (mostly options). At that level, just opening the server
took forever with 256K of RAM and a PII 400. Lord knows how many days it
would have taken to download tick and daily update data for it, as the
download is slow.

If you use the templates, I'd suggest activating them and waiting for the
symbols to load before importing the CD data and downloading the update
data.This way you'll be able to use the option of importing only the data
that matches your new symbol portfolio. If you use the templates, you'll
have hundreds of symbols like cheddar cheese options and Swedish Krona
futures in your portfolio.It would have been nice to have had more
practical templates such as S&P 500 or NASDAQ 100 stocks, instead of the
all-or-nothing choices provided.

Once up and running, I found much to like in the new interface, such as the
web browser integration. No experience yet on real-time reliability.