Re: CTL3D32.DLL?

At 12:36 PM 3/20/99 +0500, David Cicia wrote:
>Anyone know what this file is? It must have gotten installed on my computer
>by some program I downloaded recently, because now everytime I load the
>Universal Market Server I get the following message:
>
>"This app uses ctl3d32.dll, which is not the correct version. The version
>ctl3d32.dll is designed only for Windows Nt systems."
>
>I didn't get this message until recently.
>
>Called Microsoft about this, and they didn't know what the file was.
>
>Thanks for any help or insight,
>
>David Cicia

I wonder who you spoke to at MS. Ctl3d32.dll is a Windows ActiveX common
control. It is distributed with lots of programs. A program installer is
supposed to not overwrite a correct version with an incorrect one, but then
there aren't any computer bugs, are there?

I think Internet Explorer installs this. You might try reinstalling IE, if
this is a program you have. If you get error messages about this file
during installation, it's usually OK to click around them. Another
possibility would be to try reinstalling UMDS, since if it uses that DLL,
it should install it.

Allan

"A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams