Re: Virtual Trader.... anyone using it??

I'm a relative newbie.

I'm a radical relative newbie in that I have taken seriously the insight of
successful traders who say that one of the greatest difficulties in becoming
a successful futures trader is to have enough capital to survive the
learning period.  I have thought long and hard about what the practical
implications are of that insight.

Purchasing Virtual Trader is one element on the list of things I thought I
needed to do to take that insight seriously.

I purchased Virtual Trader last fall for a grand.

Virtual Trader performs as advertised.  The Brower review of the product
reflects my view of the product.

I called a week or so ago and inquired about a TS2000 upgrade.  I was told
that they plan to have one.  Using Virtual Trader with no 13,000 bar
limitation will be a pretty cool thing.

My view of the tool's value is simply this:

1    If I am serious about making a living through trading, then I MUST have
some means of first LEARNING and then PRACTICING this profession other than
with real money.  Virtual Trader has facilitated and is facilitating this.
It's like batting practice for professional ball players.  (What would we
think about a professional ball player who didn't have a practice strategy
in place?  We would say that he didn't have serious intent vis-a-vis his
profession.)

2    I have also found that because I have a software development background
that I have a tendency to want to move quickly to code some system up after
observing just a few bars.  I then have spent hours working on some system
idea that quickly falls apart in testing.  Virtual Trader has facilitated my
learning to seriously observe market behavior in a way that I hadn't before.

The price I paid for Virtual Trader is a trivial amount compared to what
losses I may have had/will have if I didn't take the notion of practice,
Practice, PRACTICE seriously...

Steve Buss
sbuss@xxxxxxxxxxx

p.s. All the usual caveats apply:  I am not associated in any way with Titan
Trading or its principals.