Re: DBC fix for SP/ES

> Looks like Mike Mart was right in noting that the strange ES price was
> 2^17-1 (max # for 17 bits).  DBC admitted the price was above their
> "network data limit", and has a "fix"  for it, namely dropping the last
> zero in the transmission.

if they would be clever enough they would have done that before - how simple as
S&P it not trading anymore with min tick of 0.05 but 0.10 - > 0.1 <g>

> This would indeed bring the transmitted number within their limit, BUT,
> how is TS and other software going to interpret this number, which would
> be 1/10 what it was before?
>
> Will we have to change the symbol universe to match this?

we will change the multiplier there or the display as tab - simple test

> Will we be able to have both the old and the new data in the same file?

unlikely

rgds hans
PS: howard, now you know how much I even can mail when I cant trade -
BEWARE :-)