Re: S&P Daytrading - 1000 Trade Review

i agree with most of what you've said (excluding the control freak
comments -- not germane imo :)).

but i've got a problem with this comment: "if you can think it, it
can be programmed mechanically." let's turn it around to but if you
can SEE it, can it be programmed mechanically? pattern recognition and
analysis are bread and butter methods for discretionary traders. i'd
bet that many visual traders would love to believe that your statement
is true. but for some important practical reasons, i don't think it is
now. if one is an ace programmer, then it may be doable given the
necessary dsp hardware,software, and experience. if one is only a fair
to middlin' programmer like myself, then forget it. the time necessary
to for me to complete the project and the inherent problems with
current dsp technology could render any system results obsolete. plus,
i don't have the necessary programming skills or experience to program
complex spatial patterns.

when current technological hurtles are overcome, then i may assemble a
academic team (under a private grant at a local university) and pursue
it. until then, i'll just deal with my obessive-compulsive behavior as
best as i can ;))

TJ

i may be wrong, or i may be right, but i will never stop thinking or
exercising my imagination