Re: Omega Dongle

Dans un courrier daté du 15/01/99 19:10:09 Heure d7iver Pari9 Madrid,
magnus@xxxxxxxxxxx a écrit :

>  :From what I hear, the SafeSoft program will not work on TradeStation
builds
>  :later tha Build 16.
>

>  From what I hear, it works on TS 4.0 build 21.

Yes.
And it works in the jailhouse too.

Dans un courrier daté du 15/01/99 15:15:12 Heure d3iver Pari12 Madrid,
gm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx a écrit :

> One glitch...
>
>  Safesoft states that US Federal regulations prohibits them from accepting
> money from a US customer.
>
>  Any ideas???

Have you seen that anyone can do this kind of business from behind the bars?
No.
You can do it BEFORE.
After, you cannot because you cannot accept money for that.
The problem is with the sheriff and the bars.

Dans un courrier daté du 15/01/99 04:03:37 Heure d4iver Pari37 Madrid,
robert.cummings@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx a écrit :

> Safesoft Systems, Inc. address is 6 Jailview Place East ST. Paul, MB
>  Canada  R2E 0G3 Phone# prepaid only  Fax #  only  printed on 1$ or more US$
banknote.
>  I hope this helps
>  Robert
>  p.s.
>  Ask if it' Y2k compliant and it probably wont work on TS5.

The problem withthe Safesoft driver is not its yk2 compliance, but the illegal
use that is made with it.
FYI, it's very easy to see if  a TS copy runs with it ( without looking at the
parallel port).
There are a lot of illegal copies of TS that run with this software, here in
Europe too.
Do not say no, ...I know for sure.
Making illegal copies ( I mean thousands) increase TS price development, and
it' up to you , regular user, to pay the price.

Using an illegal TS copy has other disadvantages:
First, it's the proof that you are not a good technical analyst, because if
you are not able to pay the price of a TS copy, and get the price paid back,
it's the proof of your definitive inability.

Some others rumor have been around concerning Safesoft:
We believe that most of them could be partially true.
-The dongle driver transforms your CPU into a PC XT 4Mhz like, but does not
affect Windows display.
At least, the blue windows splach screen will not be affected by this.
-Removing it after 1 hour of use per day degrades the capacity of the HD to a
1.44Mb floppy by step of N
where N=(HD size*squareroot(blocknumber)/ TS4 build version/log(vertical scren
resolution*0.0005781255898741).
-The floppy drive itself is able to roast your floppies, but cannot do it with
sliced bread, even unprotected.
-Any CD writer will be transformed into a 2X CD drive, unless you decide to
format your HD again ( new format is 1.44MB now).
Then the CD Writer will work again, but will be only able to duplicate the
Safesoft driver at normal speed ( the reason why there are so many illegal
copies).
-The American Congress have been recently provided with a bootlegged copy of
Safesoft: Now they all believe that the President was responsible of that [not
bombed the Safesoft Jailhouse] and they tried to enforce him to resignation
for a stupid ( pretext) affair.

Hope this helps.

-Pierre Orphelin