From: David Borger [mailto:borger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, January 11, 1999 6:17 AM
To: Omega Digest
Subject: Re: Parsing Chartscanner Output

Cab

I presume you have some programming skills since you were able to code
up your system in EL and get it to output properly to a file.  (I had
some problems getting that last part in place as well.)  Suggest you
look at a language called AWK.  I believe there are some freeware
versions available on the net (some called GAWK).  I use a commercial
version from Thompson Automation which I recommend.  Anyhow, it's an
easy to use and understand, interpretive language which runs from the
command prompt and which was designed for file processing/formatting.

Dave