50% of alerts working

  With 2 systems running on a TS, only one is giving alert sounds and
popups to place orders.

One is a DSP 5min system, the other is a 15min DSP system.
  Both workspaces are open. Both have the exact same settings........

...no STCC's and no ATCC's for both.
..."tools-options-attention-alert for" has all boxes checked for both.
..."alert sounds" has the "always" radio button filled on both.
..."triple beep" is unchecked for both
..."generate trading orders for next bar" is checked for both system formats.

  The active workspace is the 15min one while the 5min one is still open.
  Alert windows and sounds only worked for the 15min system entry and
exit. The 5min system produced a realtime entry but no alerts sounded
or alert windows popped up.
  How do we fix this?

Note:During the realtime 5min trade, we changed the # of days in charting
        in both system workspaces to generate a beep. The 15min beeped,
        the 5min did not. We then switched both systems back to the original
        # of days in charting.
            Following this,  both beeped and gave alert windows at their
proper
        incidence. The 5min exited and the 15min reversed. The reverse for one
        and the exit for the other, occurred, by coincidence, at the same
time.
        Both gave separate alert windows.
        Was this the fix or simply a temporary fluke?

thanks,
dbs