Re: Viability of Internet RT feed - dish adjustments

Tony,

> Secondary feed? Yep; especially due to rain fade in my area.  With an i-net
> feed, I have a decent backup when sat fades out.

This should never happen. It seems that your dish is too small or
badly installed - unless you live in an area with hours of monsoon
rain with thunderstorms. It exists an excellent program which
lets you calculate the size of your dish and simulates different
weather scenarios - its free:

http://www.smw.se/smwlink.htm

I calculated the size of my dish with this program and have never had
any problems even in very heavy rain.

You should try as well to adjust the LNB and the dish very
accurately. There exist cheap tools which you plug in between the LNB
and receiver which make a sound. According to the pitch of the sound
you then can adjust the dish and LNB to the highest gain. Many LNBs
are not properly adjusted to the center of the dish. Turning the LNB
can help as well depending on the polarisation of the signal.

Gerrit Jacobsen