Re: NBA

Bless you for your good works-  The check's in the mail.
Jack.
-----Original Message-----
From: rickinri@xxxxxxx <rickinri@xxxxxxx>
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>;
John.Barker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <John.Barker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Thomas Brun
<TDBRUN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; hvicini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<hvicini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; hkojo@xxxxxxx <hkojo@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, December 24, 1998 12:35 PM
Subject: NBA

Thursday, December 24, 1998

With the Christmas season approaching, please look into your
heart to
help     those in need. Hundreds of National Basketball Association
basketball   players in our very own country are living at or just
below
the   seven-figure salary level. And, as if that weren't bad enough,
they  will   be deprived of pay for several weeks - possibly a whole
year - as a  result     of the current lockout situation.

BUT NOW YOU CAN HELP!

For only $20,835 a month, about $694.50 a day (that's less than
the
cost   of a large screen projection TV) you can help a basketball
player
remain   economically viable during his time of need. This
contribution
by no  means     solves the problem, as it barely covers the yearly
league  minimum,....but   it's a start!

Almost $700 may not seem like a lot of money to you, but to a
basketball   player it could mean the difference between a vacation
spent golfing in   Florida or a Mediterranean cruise.

For you, seven hundred dollars is   nothing more than two months
rent
or mortgage payments. But to a   basketball player, $700 a day will
almost replace his daily salary.

Your commitment of less than $700 a day will enable a player to
buy
that   home entertainment center, trade in the year-old Lexus for a
new
Ferrari,   or enjoy a weekend in Rio.

HOW WILL I KNOW I'M HELPING?

Each month, you will receive a complete financial report on the
player
you   sponsor. Detailed information about his stocks, bonds, 401(k),
real   estate, and other investment holdings will be mailed to your
home.

You'll also get information on how he plans to invest the $5 million
lump   sum he will receive upon retirement. Plus upon signing up for
this   program, you will receive a photo of the player (unsigned-for a
signed   photo, please include an additional $50.00). Put the photo
on
your   refrigerator to remind you of other peoples' suffering.

HOW WILL HE KNOW I'M HELPING?
  Your basketball player will be told that he has a SPECIAL
FRIEND who
just   wants to help in a time of need. Although the player won't
know
your  name,     he will be able to make collect calls to your home
via a
special  operator   just in case additional funds are needed for
unexpected expenses.

YES, I WANT TO HELP!
  I would like to sponsor a striking NBA basketball player. My
preference  is     checked below:
[ ] Starter
[ ] Reserve
[ ] Star (Higher cost)
[ ] Superstar (Much higher cost)
[ ] Entire team (Please call our 900 number to ask for the cost of a
specific team. Cheerleaders not included).

[ ] I'll sponsor a player most in need. Please select one for me.
  [ ] I'll sponsor a player from a specific college.
  Select college ______________________________     Please
charge the
account listed below $694.50 per day for a reserve   player or starter
for the duration of the strike. Please send me a  picture     of the
player I have sponsored, along with a team logo and my very own
NBA
Players Association badge to wear proudly on my lapel.

Your Name: _______________________
Telephone Number: _______________________
Account Number: _______________________
Exp. date:_______
[ ] MasterCard
[ ] Visa
[ ] American Express
[ ] Discover
Signature: _______________________
Mail completed form to NBA Players Association or call 1-900-2MUCH now
to   enroll by phone.

Note: Sponsors are not permitted to contact the player they have
sponsored, either in person or by other means including, but not
limited   to, telephone calls, letters, e-mail, or third parties. Keep
in mind  that     the basketball player you have sponsored will be
very
busy, thanks to  your     generous donations. We thank you for
respecting the privacy of all   basketball players. Contributions are
not tax-deductible