Re: Errors in CPQ data

Well I have been following cpq for 6 or 7 years or so and this has never
happened like this on any of the versions of ts that I remember.  The only
thing that I know of that has changed in the last month or so, is that BMI
went from third party to direct transmission of data, so it is extremely
doubtful that Omega is to blame.  Just like the news groups it is much
easier to blame somebody else when someone complains about anything.  ie
vendors blame software, software blames hardware and hardware blames
everybody.

----------
> From: J. Rodney Grisham <grisham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: Omega Research, Tech Support <techsupp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Cc: Omega List <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: Errors in CPQ data
> Date: Tuesday, December 22, 1998 4:58 PM
>

> I suppose this is a TS 5 fix, or do we dare hope for a fix
> in TS 4?  When will this be fixed?  In what version will it
> be fixed?
>
> This is just another example of carelessness in your software
> development and testing process.  I note many duplicate
> symbols in your Symbol Universe, each for a different exchange.
> Thus, you were aware of the potential problem, but you did not
> include code to correctly handle the situation users are now
> in with regard to CPQ and some other symbols.
>
> Thanks Omega.  Your users really appreciate the honesty and
> openness with which you keep your users informed of bugs in
> your software.  You could have easily made a post to the omega-list
> or to your www site as soon as you became aware of the particular
> CPQ problem, couldn't you?  Don't you think that would blunt some
> of the hard feelings you users will now have?
>
> Rod Grisham
> block 12902
>

> > Response from BMI:
> >
> > The issue with incorrect quotes on the stock symbol CPQ (Compaq
Computer) is
> > being caused by a problem in the Omega Reaseach software.  They are
aware of
> > this issue.  The problem is that   TradeStation does not have an
Exchange