Buying a laptop to run omega on - Suggestions?

I'm kicking around the idea of putting SuperCharts RT on a laptop sometime
next year.  I know next to nothing about running realtime charting software
on laptops...or anything about laptops!

I use a desktop system now...but I'll be relocating back and forth
internationally towards the end of next year and during 2000, so I don't
want to ship my desktop back and forth every few months.  Also I won't be
able to get satellite or cable.

I'm assuming there's nothing to it...just buy the thing, install Omega's
internet feed server (when, if, it is released!), hook up the modem, and
that's it.

Are there any laptop's I should avoid?

Is anything under 64meg of RAM/Pentium II a waste of time?

If I eventually do get access to satellite/cable, how many serial ports do
laptops come with?  Or is that not a problem?

Regards, Donald