Re: Math Question Challenge

win/loss trade ratio = 2
% win / loss = 50
initial accsize = 1M
losing trade ( risk ) = 1% of account size
Solve for: yearly ROA
Solution:
ROA = ( GrossProfit - GrossLoss ) / initial account size * 100;
if win/loss = 2 then  GrossProfit/GrossLoss = 2 then
GrossProfit = 2*GrossLoss
ROA = ( 2GrossLoss - GrossLoss ) / initial account size * 100 or
=  GrossLoss / intial account size * 100;
GrossLoss = initial accountsize* [ ( 1 - %risk )^n/2 )  - 1]
where n = total number of trades losers and winners
risk = .01 then
Gross Loss = initial accountsize (  .99^n/2   -  1 )
ROA = ( .99^n/2 - 1 ) *100
so in this case ROA depends only on number of trades you make
so at 100 total trades ROA = 39% of your account size
at 50 trades - 22%
at 2 trades - 1.99%
The general formula to use is the Compound Interest Formula:
Int = Principal [ (1 + %)^n  - 1 ];
in case of trading,  %risk is simply negative % so the
general formula for the total loss is:
GrossLoss = InitialAccountSize [ ( 1 - %risk )^n - 1];
general formula for the total profit is
GrossProfit = InitialAccountSize [ ( 1 + %profit )^n - 1];
Val.
Correct me if I am wrong.