Re: pattern recognition software

John,

You can look at a program called PatternSmasher by Kasanjian Research. It is not out yet, but here are charts and info about it at their web site.

http://www.realtraders.com/kasanjian/

There is also a web site for a TS add-on that will provide pattern reco. INSTANCE.DLL: *****NEW***** The INSTANCE.DLL is used to add Pattern Matching facilities to Tradestation. The type of pattern matching supplied in this DLL is called Instance  based Learning (IBL), or nearest neighbour learning. IBL is a type of machine learning paradigm that fits somewhere between neural networks and linear regression.
This system is based on IB1, a "classic" machine learning program. Get the demo.

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~qtrade/

Hope this helps.

John R.