Re: portfolio maximizer error locked cell question

  • To: andy@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: portfolio maximizer error locked cell question
  • From: "Paul M. Zislis" <pzislis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 08:16:18 -0500 (EST)

I had the same problem and contacted Omega Research technical support.
First they found that I had build 3 and they sent me build 4 to see if
that fixed my problem. (It would have been nice if the technical support
web pages mentioned that there was a newer build available.  It would
also have been nice if technical support had a database of problems and
which release, if any, fixes the problem.)

After installing the new build, the error message was slightly different
(identical to what you reported) but the problem remained the same.
Also, curiously, when I look at "About Portfolio Maximizer" it tells me
that I have Build 3 even though the CD-ROM is labeled Build 4 and the
behavior is different from Build 3.  My .per file has only 6 .psp files.

Last word from Omega Research is that they have a technician looking at
my problems and I will hear directly from him.  The other problem I'm
asking them about is that when I try to print one of the .psp tabs from
the portfolio report, the portfolio and comparison tabs are actually
printed instead.  Identical behavior in Build 3 and Build 4.

If I get a useful response about the problems I'll post to the list.

Paul Zislis