From: Terry Wyss <tlwyss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Robert W Cummings <rwc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; (to post) Omega-List
<omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, December 14, 1998 8:52 AM
Subject: Re: Adx

:Robert,
:
:A lot of people use 30 as a cutoff, and a histograph for visual.
:Some people look to enter when its "nontrending" at say 12 or 15
:and ride it till its above 30 and has quit rising, and others only
:enter after its above 30 and still rising. Raschke & Conners use
:it in a recommended, excellent book Street Smarts.   Rgds,  Terry
:
:Robert W Cummings wrote:
:
:> How do you use this indicator as it doesn't show direction visually. You
:> watch are systemize the values and when it increasing or decreasing at
what
:> point does this tell you have a trend change.
:>
:> Robert
:>
:> > Dtrader wrote:
:> >>robert... i've always found that the 14 period adx tends to act very
:> >>similarly to the curve of 5/35 macd if you use absolute values
(negative
:> >>values become positive).
:> >>
:> >>which leads me to believe that adx is best described as a smoothed,
absolute
:> >>measurement of momentum.
:> >>i use this indicator a lot.
:> >>