Re: Changing computers (Drives)

             Re: Changing computers
       Date:
             Thu, 10 Dec 1998 21:40:10 -0800
      From:
             dcountach <countach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
         To:
             omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
        CC:
             jimo@xxxxxxxxxx

>Subject:          Re: Changing computers
>   Date:          Thu, 10 Dec 1998 12:19:06 -0800 (PST)
>   From:          Jim Osborn <jimo@xxxxxxxxxx>
>     To:          Omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
>

>While we're on this subject, could someone refresh my memory
>on the procedure for running TS on a "second" hard drive?
>I recall that TS really prefers to find itself on C: but
>that you can change some lines in the config files to
>put it, for example, on D:, presumably without having to
>reinstall from scratch.
>
>This is in a Win 3.1 environment, by the way.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Jim

The following INI files have references to the Omega programs:

omega.ini
odbc.ini
or_dman.ini
or_news.ini
or_serve.ini
tstation.ini

These are all under the \WINDOWS directory.

It is very dangerous to edit the "odbc" files.  Screw these up and
you may not be able to use any programs which use ODBC (Access,
Paradox).

I have made this move by first zipping TS, then deleting it so it does
not appear. (You could also back up then delete it.)  Then install TS
on the second drive.  This will create the proper references in the INI
files.

Then copy your backup TS over the new TS.

don