R. Vince

Hi All,
I thourght some on the list might find this of interest.

Subject: RE: Tom DeMark
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 11:01:53 -0500
From: "R. Vince" <rvincecclink.com>
To: "'FrankKaeb'" <FrankKaebol.com>, "omega-listskimo.com"
<omega-listskimo.com>

Tom has dropped more good stuff thazn anyone - himself included - will ever
know. I have gone back through my old notes, and lots of little things,
like weird "Demarkian" type stops, have walked out of my testing laboratory
of their own locomation, and I incorporate it into my trading today....and
he never published any of this, nor do I think he even remembers it!.

The guy has really put out a lot of stuff, published and non, and I think
EVERYTHING he has done is well-worth looking at....maybe not wholesale, but
in my experience, there is usually the germ of something useful in his
thinking.
-Ralph Vince
<<<<<<<<<<

I think there is a something to be grateful about when you can pick up odd
bits of code here or there, but I don't think it's all that important or
anything to be wildly grateful for. Say thanks, yes, but don't go
overboard. (I'm not suggesting Vince did)

If you need code, you can find it everywhere - old newsletters, old TASC
issues, old Futures issues, old Omega digests, books, etc etc. Writing
systems is like any creative situation - the wise advice is 'plagiarise,
plagiarise, plagiarise'. What does that mean though?

Is everybody ripping each other off? I don't think so. Should we keep all
our code to ourselves? No, I don't think there's any need. We're not going
to give away a whole system that works here and now, but giving's great and
gives you a little kick.

Mostly though good traders create their own code using their own
imagination plus I'm sure 10 or 20% of someone else's idea. What does that
matter? It's not the Holy Grail.

Anyone who uses more than that 15% of other people's code is probably doing
themselves out of a lot of creative thinking that really helps other
aspects of trading.

all the best
Adam Hardy