TS or SC beginners:

After I bought SC 4, I struggled with learning about workspaces,
directories, custom data lists, and the chartscanner as the manuals are
incomplete or incorrect on many points. I wrote up a 6 page supplement
relating to these (plus odds and ends but no EL) that covers aspects of
these items that the manual does not. If you are just learning TS or SC
you may save yourself time by looking over this material which I will
email to you upon request. If you find any errors they could corrected
on the list so anyone who has requested the material can see the
corrections (myself included). This is a slightly updated version of the
material I offered on the Silicon Investor SC thread (which appears
dead), March 5, 1998. I have just sign on to this list so there may be
someone who can benefit from this material.

I have moved to TS 4 and am trying to learn EL. Same story, poor
documentation from Omega. A.Putt's and B.Brower's material is very
helpful but there is still a lot of (time wasting) reinventing the wheel
by experimenting with code (e.g., are the values in arrays moved or
copied(yes) upon stacking, can part of an array be used in one "for
loop" and the rest be used in the code else where with another "for
loop"(yes) and how about showing several ways to use the MRO function (I
have 6), etc.,etc.? The code given on this list is very helpful but a
more systematic approach is needed to more easily learn EL.

 Wayne Mathews