Re: BMI symbol changes

David Powell wrote:

> Anyone figured out what changes (if any) are necessary on futures
> symbols for BMI fed TradeStation ?
>
> Thanks
> David Powell
> dpowell@xxxxxxxxxx

Dear David,

Here's a post that I made to the Omega list last Friday:

Dear Group,

It is Friday morning, and I went to the BMI web page to find the change
in index symbols that I understand I need to make before next Monday.
Surprise!!!  I found that the relevant web page had been changed
(revised 11/27/98 --- today).  It showed all the old symbols but no new
ones --- I was looking for ones with the "$" before the old symbol.  I
called BMI Tech Support and asked them about it.  After a LONG wait, the

guy eventually came back and asked "What software are you using?"  I
replied "TradeStation."  He said, "Oh, well, you don't have to make any
changes.  The changes need to be made only for those using BMI software,

like BMI Market Center or BMI Platinum."  So, I'm not planning to modify

my index symbols at all!  Time will tell whether I have index data
Monday morning or not.

Howdie-do, all this index symbol change brouhaha seems to have been a
tempest in a teapot (at least for Omega users)!

Sincerely,

Richard Josslin