Re: BMI Volume Figures/Equities/Delayed Feed

I realized with a shock today that the intraday volume figures on Equities
provided by BMI on a delayed basis, is grossly misleading. Ex: BMI Vol. quote
for COOL at 11:15 am was 2,830,000. When I went to Yahoo, which was also
delayed and only a few seconds later, the volume shown was 6,784,500. This is
vastly different. I could not comprehend how this could be. I went through
approximately 20 other stocks, and all exhibited the same problem. When I
contacted BMI Tech Support, they admitted that the delayed data feed is bad,
and they will be switching over to a new vendor. In the meantime we have had
to suffer through these terrible inaccuracies for I don't know how long. It
misrepresents the actual trading volume and can create havoc with one's
concept of how stock volume affects trading. Has anyone else experienced this
problem?

Michelle