Re: ATTN. Poll Form - SPAM

At 10:47 AM 11/17/98 -0600, alan myers wrote:
>The problem is what to do about someone that spams the list.  Since
>bashing creates as much or more noise than it hopes to prevent, it seems
>to be ineffective and counterproductive.  The only other way I can see
>is to empower someone to banish someone from the list.  Arbitrary
>decisions (even about who to vote for/against) lead to much more noise
>from those that question the decision.

All it takes is someone with good judgment to make a simple decision. The
rules are clear, the violations are also clear. The purpose of the list is
also clear.

If this were done there would be no need for bashing/anti-spamming, so then
this activity should also be prohibited, subject to the same rules of
removal. If this is not done, the bashing will continue and is fulfilling a
useful purpose. But it shouldn't be necessary.

If no-one is in charge this might as well be a newsgroup - which it appears
to be turning into!

Again - Is anyone in charge here?

David Cicia