Re: Is there any realiable RT data company?

DTN is currently testing transmission via DirecTV so there will soon be two
services available via the 18" dish. It is generally not difficult to aim
the small dish at one of the two DBS services. My HOA recently forced me to
give up the DTN 36" dish and I had to switch to cable. I'm not happy with
cable and look forward to getting signals over my DirecTV dish in a couple
of months. HOA tried to make me get rid of my DirecTV dish too - I sent the
FCC regs to the HOA lawyer and told them no thank you. FCC regs preempt all
local and HOA rules/zoning/restrictions for Direct Broadcast Video (i.e. TV)
satellite dishes under 39".

And BTW, I'm upgrading my 18" dish to 24" to eliminate the rain fade problem
during severe storms. Had same problem with 36" DTN dish, however DBS is
high power and does a better job of penetrating storms. Is my cable more
reliable than my old 36" DTN? No, since switching to cable a month ago, I've
lost total cable as well as experienced outages in C-SPAN2 and I'm losing
far more ticks than I ever lost over satellite.

Earl