Re: ASCTrend

Dans un courrier daté du 13/10/98 01:17:03  , vous avez écrit :

<<
 Personally, I think the paintbar included in Superchart or Tradestation  is
 almost the same if not better, but only as an indicator, not for trade
 decision making. Don't know about the
 stops, because think its a personal matter depending on each individual
 trader.

Indicators that presents buy sell signal as paint bars often mislead the
public.

When plotting the paint bar, thsis done at the END of the considered bar bar,
so the signal is workable for the next bar only.

The fair way to plot a pait bar used as trading signal  is to plot the
PREVIOUS  color to the CURRENT bar.
But in this case the signal does not looks so good than with the  "normal "
paint bar...

As a rule of thumb, be very careful with these so called systems that could
only be indicators with a one bar hidden delay for the uninformed user.

It's very easy for a serious developer to transform the paint bar code into a
true  trading system code.
If this was not done, I think that you have the answer on the validity of the
pseudo signal, that is one bar late in real world ,and unable to be
backtested...

EL Paint bars and showme are  normally used to highlight  some conditions
directly on price data.
EL Systems  are used to write true trading systems. Their arrows are not late
but  for real (when you understand the TS  philosophy).
Period.

I do not own  ACTrend, and maybe their  paintbar plot is correct if they
displace it

Sincerely,

-Pierre Orphelin
www.sirtrade.com